Question on supination trail arm & tpi graph

Question on supination trail arm & tpi graph  

By: Guy K on Nov. 19, 2020, 4:50 p.m.

Question on the below graph. Graph is supposedly of a good golfer. Shows trail arm is pronated at address, supinate in backswing then pronating and is pronated at impact but supinating. Right hand chart shows data at points.

Seems to me the graph is backward and is sup-pro like the lead arm and not pro-sup as marked on top right of graph.
Both arm charts show sup-pro . So is this just a typo on the right arm graph?

I tried this and had to have a very, very weak trail hand grip and in pronating I the downswing produce a very out to in motion. Have you seen elite swing with 54* pronation at address? Or any swing? Seems pretty extreme.

Thanks

Last edited by: Guy K on Nov. 19, 2020, 4:51 p.m., edited 4 times in total.

Re: Question on supination trail arm & tpi graph  

By: Tyler F on Nov. 19, 2020, 9:11 p.m.

I've looked at so many of those reports that I'm surprised I never noticed that! Yes, that would be a typo. If you take the trail wrist graph, and remove the other variables, then it shows you the scale. See the attached photo. It shows positive is supination and negative is pronation. The same graph axis as the lead wrist.

By: Guy K on Nov. 20, 2020, 3:28 a.m.

That is what I figured. But the right arm chart lists the data backwards 54p at address, 29s at the top then 34p at impact,etc. so the software to make the chart has it backwards? I note that the chart has the order sup-pro but then the data within the boxes reflex the opposite. Very confusing.

Have you ever seen a swing that had the trail arm pronated 30 degrees at impact? I imagine it would be a big out to in pull of some kind.

Thanks,
Guy

Last edited by: Guy K on Nov. 20, 2020, 10:21 a.m., edited 2 times in total.

By: Tyler F on Nov. 22, 2020, 9:01 a.m.

I'm sure if you opened up the actual file, it would read with the proper labels. I'm guessing they are automatically generated for the report. The graph looks correct, but the label looks backward on that page. No, I've never seen anyone even close to 35 pronated at impact. But 35 Supinated is pretty common.

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.