Synched backswing

Synched backswing  

By: Guy K on April 20, 2020, 11:45 a.m.

See little about having the backswing in synch. Much more about the synching of arms and pivot in transition/downswing.
My experience is the better I am synched in the backswing then the better the swing is. I currently go to p2, stop, then go to top etc. gives me the sense of arms and pivot turning back together. Great to do with small dodgeball or small range bucket in chest. Helps shorten swing too. Any other drills, thoughts?
Guy

Last edited by: Guy K on April 20, 2020, 11:45 a.m., edited 2 times in total.

Re: Synched backswing  

By: Tyler F on April 20, 2020, 1:40 p.m.

+Guy K Here's a drill related to your idea. https://golfsmartacademy.com/golf-instruction/body-backswing-tempo/
But yes, focusing on rhythm in the backswing can help load the legs better. Swinging a rope can help get that rhythm to feel more natural.

Re: Synched backswing  

By: Guy K on April 21, 2020, 6:03 a.m.

+Tyler F
Money drill. Stuck around the house I definitely had lost some fluidity, if you will, in my motion. I’ve trained enough that the intent of throwing the club in the backswing really adds some fluidity which I had lost (or maybe never really had ). In short, I became to mechanical. And I can vary the pace of my throw. So many videos, I recall watching it long ago.
Thanks
Guy

Last edited by: Guy K on April 21, 2020, 6:04 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
Subscribe now for full access to our video library.