6 iron swing - contact inconsistency

6 iron swing - contact inconsistency  

By: Chris J on Sept. 1, 2020, 9:57 a.m.

I have been struggling to get consistent contact and compression on the ball. I feel like I spin the ball a bit much and don't really get as much distance as I could out of my swing. Every club through the bag has been coming up a bit short lately. Directionally, I went through a phase of hard pull hooks recently. The times I have played better over the last month or so, I have been hitting a small fade.

Last edited by: Chris J on Sept. 1, 2020, 11:49 a.m., edited 2 times in total.

Re: 6 iron swing - contact inconsistency  

By: Tyler F on Sept. 6, 2020, 9:55 a.m.

The down the line has a lot of really good elements, so let's focus on the face on for where we might be struggling.

When it comes to consistency iron contact and more compression, I like to look at the low point line. From the face on view, looking at a line after impact and trying to get the left leg, left shoulder, left hand and club shaft in line just after impact. If we look at yours, we can see that both the left shoulder and the hands are back of the hip. This will cause fat/thin or spinny quite easily. Depending on which you are more comfortable with, you can work on your upper body "covering the ball" better. Or you can work on some release work, but it looks like most of your issues are from delivery position to impact. I'd start with lead foot low point drill to see what you feel is the biggest difference.
https://golfsmartacademy.com/golf-instruction/lead-foot-low-point/

By: Chris J on Sept. 8, 2020, 12:24 p.m.

Thank you so much! Really appreciate your taking the time to look at this. Great content on the site!

By: Tyler F on Sept. 8, 2020, 2:25 p.m.

Glad you're enjoying it! Let us know how you progress 👍

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.