Can’t stop the pulls

Can’t stop the pulls  

By: Ian F on July 3, 2020, 5:53 p.m.

It would be awesome to get some feedback on my driver swing. I struggle with a face to path that is too far left and pulling down hard and steep in transition. Under pressure, misses are unplayable. Things on the site I’ve seen that could help are left bend in transition and working on some extension in the lead wrist to manage the face, but I’m not quite sure. Thanks for any help!

Re: Can’t stop the pulls  

By: Tyler F on July 5, 2020, 11:31 a.m.

+Ian F I think you're in the right area. It looks like the club does get closed to the path. You'd want a little less stall flip down through impact. Getting steep in transition can contribute, so it's not a crazy idea to work their either.

I'd try something like a "hit my arms" drill - https://golfsmartacademy.com/golf-instruction/hit-my-arms/

For me, these two pictures are the things I would key in on to try and change. Club gets going a little left through impact (because of the flip) and wrists have a lot of activity just after impact (because of the stall).

Overall, there are lots of really good pieces in this swing. Keep working on it to clean up the misses under pressure :)

Re: Can’t stop the pulls  

By: Ian F on July 5, 2020, 1:54 p.m.

+Tyler F thanks for the feedback, makes sense to me. I definitely feel a hit impulse at impact when I am hitting it poorly. Will get to work!

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.