Shoulder blade motion

Shoulder blade motion  

By: Kevin M on July 30, 2020, 3:59 p.m.

Hi Tyler,

Would it be possible to shoot a video for the website with the shoulder blade motions for backswing, transition and downswing with what you like to see at the key P positions?

We covered it in my lessons, but wouldn't mind a comprehensive video reference. If there is something on the website, please let me know, haven't stumbled across it yet, I feel.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Shoulder blade motion  

By: Tyler F on Aug. 1, 2020, 4:40 p.m.

Yes, I can put something together. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll get something filmed in the next couple of weeks!

By: Nick W on Aug. 11, 2020, 7:54 p.m.

I’m very interested to see this. My right shoulder is not “normal” after years of throwing baseballs. I’ve worked to add mass and strength to it, but I often still have a dull aching pain there.

I’ve also seen guys like Cam Smith use the GravityFit tool to work on shoulder movements in the swing. I like how it helps me feel stabilized, but I’d be curious to see this analysis to see how much those types of movements help in the golf swing.

Nick

By: Kevin M on July 30, 2020, 5:17 p.m.

The anatomy of how the shoulders work standing up, then them doing the opposite when rotating In golf posture as an addendum to original post - thanks

Last edited by: Kevin M on July 30, 2020, 5:17 p.m., edited 2 times in total.

By: Tyler F on Aug. 17, 2020, 10:46 a.m.

Hey Kevin,

Here's a video to tide you over. We have a little backlog of videos, so it'll take me a few more weeks to get a full version out there :)

Tyler

By: Kevin M on Aug. 17, 2020, 11:11 a.m.

Thank you Tyler, god bless you wearing trousers in this heat too :), still drilling hard, lefts definitely much less, pushes too prevalent - will be in touch soon for next tune up

Last edited by: Kevin M on Aug. 17, 2020, 11:12 a.m., edited 2 times in total.

By: Tyler F on Aug. 17, 2020, 12:34 p.m.

You're welcome. Glad you're eliminating the left, we'll look at the push next time. Good luck managing the heat on your end!

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.