Start your 7 day free trial. Click here. No credit card required.
Sign in to add this video to a playlist.
Hitting Out of a Fairway Bunker
When hitting out of a fairway bunker, making solid contact is a primary goal. In order to do so, you'll need to adjust your set up, swing, or both. To adjust your set up:
- Dig your lead foot in more than your trail
- Narrow your stance slightly
- Put more weight on your front foot
- Level your shoulders and position your upper body more on top of the golf ball instead of behind it
To adjust your swing:
- Swing more with your upper body
- Take care not to drop down in transition
- Make sure your release has the low point ahead of the golf ball
Tags: Poor Contact, Bunker, Set Up, Impact, Concept, Intermediate, Beginner