Start your 7 day free trial. Click here. No credit card required.
Sign in to add this video to a playlist.
Steeps & Shallows - Bunker
The "steeps & shallows" balance is a bit different for a bunker shot than it is for a full-swing. Players who struggle with bunker play will often default to their full-swing "balance" by mistake. Therefore, it is important to make the following adjustments when stepping into the sand:
- Stand taller at address with less torso side-bend.
- Place your nose on top of the ball and more weight on the lead side.
- Play the ball more forward.
Backswing & Release:
- Allow the clubhead to pass the hands.
- Return the shaft to vertical at impact.
- Create a "narrow" backswing.
Playlists: Specialty Shots
Tags: Bunker, Concept, Beginner